What are YOTs_Youth Offending Team
YOT Aims to:
- Work in partnership with other agencies to reduce youth crime.
- Ensure that each young person who breaks the law is dealt with without delay, whilst meeting the needs of the individual
- Work with young people to address issues that put the young person at risk of offending.
- Encourage consultation with young people about the service they receive
- Confront young offenders with the consequences of their behaviour in relation to themselves and their victims / family / friends
- Encourage young people to provide reparation to victims
- Reinforce the responsibility of parents / carers to help them prevent offending by their children.
- Protect the public